- Prioritize your platforms. As I tell my audiences from the stage, don’t be a Jack of all Social Media Sites, Master of None. Instead, focus on a few and do them really well. Now is the perfect time to poll your audience or review your data and choose the 2 to 3 social platforms that make the most sense for your business—and I give you full permission to get rid of the rest.
- Instead of going wide, go deep. You just went from 10+ social profiles down to three—what will you do with all that extra time?!? 🙂 I’ll tell you! All of the major social sites are actively launching new features, and I recommend being an early adopter with your top three. For example, Instagram Reels are all the rage right now, and Instagram rewards you with a boost in the algorithm when you post a reel. It’s always good practice to keep an eye on new features on your favorite platforms, and don’t be afraid to try them!
- Add captions to all of your videos. So many of us watch videos with the sound off, and it’s just too easy not to include captions on every video you post to social. If you use a feature like IG reels, you can automatically add your captions as you shoot. I also love Rev.com—I use them almost daily to quickly and affordably add captions to my videos.
- Humanize the brand. Are you guilty of having S.A.D. (Static, Automated, Dull) social media? I will explain this further in a future eTip, but for now, focus on creating more content that shows off the amazing people that make up your business, your community, and your customers—fewer articles, more people.
- Get a really cool, fun, highly motivated social media team to support your efforts! Yes, this is a completely shameless plug for my highly talented team, but I can’t help myself. We love what we do and love helping our clients meet their social media and digital marketing goals. Shoot me an email, and let’s see what we can do to support you!
Your Social Media New Year’s Resolutions!
Happy Friday, Friends!
I hope you had a great holiday season and your New Year is off to a happy and HEALTHY start!
Although January is almost over, I thought it would be helpful to share a few social media resolutions that can set us all up for success in 2022. Our company is also adopting these resolutions for the new year, so let’s hold each other accountable as we implement them!
I sincerely hope that 2022 is a great year for all of us, and I look forward to seeing your smiling faces in my newsfeed soon! Now get on out there and shoot some video—with captions!
Have a great weekend,